Day 78 + 79 – March 19th & 20th, 2017

Hello, hello! So today went a little differently than expected. My counselor accidentally double booked me and someone else today, and seeing as I’m not in dire need of seeing her, I suggested letting the other girl go first. We rescheduled for Wednesday at 3:30! Perfectly fine with me.

I’m not feeling 100% well right now – I woke up this morning with a slight tickle in my sinuses, and despite all the ginger water I’ve been drinking, I can still feel it there, biding its time. Will it escalate tomorrow? I do not know, but I have been doing everything I can to prevent that. I’ll drink some more ginger water before I sleep, do another couple drops of oregano oil and then take some Buckley’s medicine just for safe measure. I’d rather nip this in the bud before it can escalate.

Tomorrow I have work, but before I go to my shift I want to wake up and go for a run in the basement. I was re-reading some of my logs from my Hawaii trip and I was so happy about the way my body had been changing as a result of all the activities we were doing, and I really, really didn’t want to lose that momentum. So, starting tomorrow I’m going to get back to that.

Alright, back to this weekend! Now, where was I?

Ah yes, Thursday night. Okay so, after I got back, the five of us decided to have a chill night. It was so much fun –  Rose started playing some old Miley Cyrus classics and we were DYING. Best moment ever. Honestly, it’s never a dull moment when it comes to us.

The next morning (Friday the 17th), we woke up pretty early and started getting ready for the St. Patrick’s Day festivities. By like 10 AM, we could already hear people out on the street yelling at the top of their lungs! We started drinking – Ro made this amazing mixed drink called “white freezie” which was definitely a silent killer because it was SO easy to chug. After that, we started taking shots (IN THE MORNING – NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE EVER) and then we headed out onto the street.

Ezra was hands down one of the coolest experiences of my life! Everyone was bedecked in all shades of green, people were funneling beer from their windows in FOUR STORY buildings, some dudes had a gigantic speaker and were hyping up the crowds and everyone was SO friendly and super drunk LOL. We met some super cool girls who kind of made a circle with us and we vibed so well with them, they were so funny. There was this really funny moment when Alycia jumped in with the bunch of dudes who had the speaker and it was SO JOKES.

We went back to get my speaker and I think we drank a little more because we started making our own song LMAO. We were in such a good place and it was so hype, honestly.

Once we got back to the street, this dude stopped us and started talking to us. And then as he was talking to me, all of a sudden he was like, “I have the sudden urge to make out with you” AND HE LEGIT LEANED FORWARD TO KISS ME WTF?! It was sooooooo funny, I immediately leaned back and was like “nope” and we walked away. By this point, the street was PACKED. There had to be at least over a thousand people on the street. We made our way to the top of the hill and then back down again, to a house full of dudes who were blasting lit music. We chilled there for a bit, danced around a little, and then headed back to the apartment for a blessed nap.

After our nap, we decided to go get some bubble tea and we accidentally took too much time because by the time we got back we had to get ready ASAP. We decided to go to Chainsaw, which is this really cool well-known karaoke bar, because we wanted more of a chill night where we could talk to people.

We started getting ready, and Serena was definitely stressing LOL poor girl. But can you imagine being sixteen and trying to get away with using a twenty-four year old’s health card?! Next level mission! Anyways, we did our makeup and we were running a little late, so we ended up grabbing an Uber to Chainsaw.

The line was SO FUCKING LONG, holy shit. But we were wearing our coats and stuff, which made it a little more bearable. When I think about it now, it doesn’t seem like we were waiting for too long but for sure it was over an hour. And oh man, the worst possible thing happened while we were waiting…

A man was crossing the street as he left Chainsaw and, I swear it happened in a split second, but there was a huge sickening thud and screech of tires, and all of a sudden everyone started running towards the road… the man who was cross the street got hit by the car. When I looked over, it looked as though his head was underneath the car and I wanted to cry, holy shit. It was the worst thing I’ve ever seen/heard. But it got worse… because then his girlfriend saw what happened. I have never, ever heard hysterical screams like that IN MY LIFE. She was inconsolable, on the floor, despite multiple people trying to hold her up. It got to a point where they actually had to restrain her against a cop car! Probably for her own good though, I think she was trying to get at the people who hit him.

After a while, by some miracle, they were able to get him up and walking and everyone started clapping in relief. I think they put him into the ambulance and after a little while, they cleared up the scene. Thank goodness he was okay though, because honestly for split second there I was so sure that he had died.

After that, we waited a little bit longer and then Olivia and I started letting people go ahead of us as we got closer and closer to the door. And then, the time came – Rose went first and got through. Next was Serena, and Olivia and I were legit shitting ourselves as we apprehensively watched the bouncers face through a sliver of the fence. Apparently it looked like he shook his head for a moment there, and I immediately started dreading the worst, but everything turned out okay – SHE WAS ABLE TO GET IN!!! YES!!!!

Alycia followed shortly thereafter, and after about another fifteen minutes or so, Olivia and I were able to get in as well. I was a little worried the bouncer would be like, hey, I saw this same person just earlier, but everything was fine.

Okay so, it’s getting a little late now so I think I’ll continue writing about last week in tomorrow’s log. Holy crap, I honestly didn’t think it would take me this long to write up what happened but it makes sense with the sheer amount of things that occurred over a three day span.

I’ll write tomorrow after I run, shower and probably before I get ready for work. Wish me luck that tomorrow I wake up feeling better than I did today! Here’s hoping. Until then!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s